We are happy to announce an upcoming one-day conference to be held in London on 28th November 2015 entitled Recent Developments in Art and Cultural Property Law (pdf flyer here). The conference will cover a number of new and exciting legal trends in the area involving:
- the new sentencing guidelines for heritage crimes
- the new Museums Association Code of Ethics (2015)
- street art and its tie-ins with the law
- the discovery and reburial of the remains of King Richard III
- the new copyright exceptions and their impact on the art world
For more information, including a complete programme, watch this space, or look out for updates on Twitter.
The conference will take place at Notre Dame University, London Campus, at 1 Suffolk St, SW1Y 4HX, just around the corner from Trafalgar Square. It will run from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. The cost to attend is £72 for IAL or UKRG members and £144 for non-members. The event is accredited for CPD points.
To book a spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring +44(0)1982 560 666.
Image: “STIK graffiti” by Bob Bob from London – STIK – Curtain Road, London, CC BY 2.0