We are pleased to announce our next Study Forum, which will be a virtual event, on 6 February 2021. Like our traditional study forums, this will provide an opportunity to hear about some of the fascinating issues and recent developments in the art and cultural heritage law field.
Speakers and topics:
- Dr Donna Yates (Associate Professor, Maastricht University), ‘Sotheby’s and the stolen statue: The normalisation of deviance in antiquities sales’
- Dr Andrea Wallace (Senior Lecturer, Exeter University), ‘Article 14 of the Copyright in the Digital Single Market Directive and new questions around digital heritage collections’
- Dr Kristian Jensen (former Head of Collections and Curation, British Library), ‘The British Library’s return of three stolen charters to Greece’
- Azmina Jasani (Partner, Constantine Cannon LLP), ‘Covid, force majeure and the art market’
- Rudy Capildeo (Partner, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP), ‘Brexit and the art market’
- Tim Maxwell (Partner, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP), ‘The recent “business interruption” insurance case at the UK Supreme Court’
To book a spot, CLICK HERE.
The full details are as follows:
Date and Time: 6 February 2021 2020, from 9.45 am to 5.00 pm (UK time)
Cost to attend: £60.00, incl VAT (£50.00 + £10.00 VAT). 50% discount for IAL members (and UKRG members). The event is free for IAL distance learning students. Click above link for more details.
This event qualifies for CPD/CLE points.