We are pleased to announce our next Study Forum, which will be a virtual event, on 25 September 2021. Like our earlier study forums, this will provide an opportunity to hear about some of the fascinating issues and recent developments in the art and cultural heritage law field.
Topics and speakers:
- ‘Recent cases before the German restitution panel’ – Prof Dr Matthias Weller, University of Bonn, Germany
- ‘What exactly is pre-eminence? An examination of the criteria for assessing gifts to the nation’ – Mike Neill, heritage assets consultant, UK
- ‘Authenticity of art across multiple jurisdictions; new Swiss copyright law’ – Dr Anne Laure Bandle, Attorney, Borel & Barbey Avocats, Switzerland
- ‘Title disputes: Questions of ownership before the courts’ – Petra Warrington, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP, UK
- ‘The public-private divide: Art collecting in civil law and common law countries’ – Prof Dr Marta Cenini, Counsel, DLA Piper, Milan, and Associate Professor at University of Insubria, Italy
To book a spot, CLICK HERE.
The full details are as follows:
Date and Time: 25 September 2021, from 9.45 am to 5.00 pm (UK time)
Cost to attend: £72.00, incl VAT (£60.00 + £12.00 VAT). 50% discount for IAL members (and UKRG / BADA members). The event is free for IAL distance learning students. Click above link for more details.
This event qualifies for CPD/CLE points.