We are pleased to announce our next Study Forum, which will be a virtual event, on 2nd December 2023. Like our earlier study forums, this will provide an opportunity to hear about some of the fascinating issues and recent developments in the art and cultural heritage law field.
Topics and speakers will include:
- ‘Intangible cultural heritage (ICH) and the UK’s changing landscape’ by Charlotte Joy (UK National Commission to UNESCO)
- ‘Protection of Indigenous cultural heritage in Western Australia’ by Elizabeth Pearson (solicitor, New South Wales)
- A new take on Artificial Intelligence by Olga Simson (Research Fellow, Centre for Commercial Law Studies), Emily Gould (IAL) and Stephanie Drawdy (US attorney and podcaster, Warfare of Art & Law)
- Updates on recent US case law from Nicholas O’Donnell (Partner, Sullivan and Worcester LLP, Boston)
- ‘New legislative developments on restitution in France’ by Anne-Sophie Nardon (Managing Partner, Borghese Associés, Paris)
- ‘Social media and the illicit antiquity trade’ by Natalie Olszowy
CLICK HERE to book a place.
Details are as follows:
Date and Time: 2 December 2023, from 9.45 am to 5.00 pm (UK time)
Delivery method: Zoom (link will be sent several days before the event)
Cost to attend: £60.00, incl VAT (£50.00 + £10.00 VAT). 50% discount for IAL members (and UKRG / BADA members). The event is free for IAL distance learning students and IAL student members. Click above link for more details.
This event qualifies for CPD/CLE points.