We are pleased to announce our next Study Forum which will take place in York on 22 February 2020. Like our frequent London study forums, this will provide an opportunity to hear about some of the fascinating issues and recent developments in the art and cultural heritage law field.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Professor Geoffrey Bennett (IAL Senior Fellow), ‘The law of Treasure’
- Crispin Oliver (Barrister, Dere Street Chambers), ‘Treasure: examples and case studies’
- Dr Rebecca Reynolds (IAL Researcher and Lecturer), ‘Planning law and the Clifford’s Tower dispute’
- Professor Michael White (History of Art Department, University of York), ‘Ready-made Rietveld: The Red/Blue Chair as a test for artistic craftsmanship’
- Dr Emma Waring (Senior Lecturer, Law Department, University of York), ‘Location, location, location? Mapping the legal protection of sculpture’
- Professor Amy Werbel (Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York / Fulbright Scholar, University of York), ‘Censorship and obscenity in law and culture’
The full details are as follows:
Location: King’s Manor, York, YO1 7EP, England
Date and Time: 22 February 2020, from 9.45 am to 5.00 pm
Cost to attend: £42 (incl VAT) for IAL members (and UKRG members); £84 (incl VAT) for non-members; special price for full-time undergraduate students (contact us for details). The event is free for all current IAL distance learning students.
To book a spot for this event, SEE HERE.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event image c/o Wikimedia Commons (Matze Trier CC BY-SA 3.0)