We are pleased to announce our next Study Forum, which will be a virtual event, on 12 September 2020. Like our traditional study forums, this will provide an opportunity to hear about some of the fascinating issues and recent developments in the art and cultural heritage law field.
Speakers and topics to include:
- Ian Upjohn QC CSC (Barrister, Lieutenant Colonel of the Australian Army Reserves), The Monuments Men and military initiatives for the protection of cultural property
- Dr Rebecca Hawkes-Reynolds (IAL Researcher), The Dill Case at the UK Supreme Court: A new approach to listed buildings?
- Amanda Gray (Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP) and Simon Chadwick (Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP), Profits, Pumpkins and Privacy: The Brave New World of art crime
- Vittoria Mastrandrea (PhD candidate, The London School of Economics), Export licensing for cultural objects in the UK
- Professor Geoffrey Bennett (IAL Senior Fellow), The law of treasure
- Crispin Oliver (Barrister, Dere Street Chambers), Treasure: examples and case studies
To book a spot, CLICK HERE.
The full details are as follows:
Date and Time: 12 September 2020, from 9.45 am to 5.00 pm BST (UK time)
Cost to attend: £72.00 (incl VAT) for IAL members (and UKRG members); £144.00 (incl VAT) for non-members. Members should make use of their coupon code at checkout. If you have forgotten your coupon code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Email us if you need to pay by invoice. For those attending, an email will be sent with details for accessing the virtual event. This event qualifies for CPD/CLE points.
*** There is no cost to attend for anyone on an IAL distance learning course ***