We are pleased to announce our next Study Forum, which will be an in-person event at New College, Oxford, on 8th October 2022. Like all our study forums, this will provide an opportunity to hear about some of the fascinating issues and recent developments in the art and cultural heritage law field.
Topics and speakers are as follows:
- Historic copyright law (Dr Elena Cooper, Senior Research Fellow, University of Glasgow)
- Art theft and recovery (Professor Anja Shortland, Kings College London)
- Bequests and international issues (Aisha Burtenshaw, Head of Major Projects and Exhibitions, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford)
- The ‘new’ Ivory Act 2018 (Emily Gould, Assistant Director, IAL)
- The future of treasure law (Professor Geoffrey Bennett, Senior Fellow, IAL)
- NFTs in practice (Gregor Kleinknecht, Partner, Keystone Law)
The event will include a private tour of the collections of New College by the college’s bursar, David Palfreyman OBE.
Date/time: 8 October 2022, 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Location: New College, Oxford, Holywell St, Oxford, OX1 3BN
Price: £144.00, including VAT. 50% discount for IAL/UKRG members. This event is free for all IAL distance learning students.
UNFORTUNATELY THIS EVENT IS AT CAPACITY. TO BE PLACED ON A WAITING LIST, PLEASE EMAIL INFO@nullIAL.UK.COM
Please note that spaces are very limited, so if you are interested, please register soon. This event will be a live, in-person event and will not be recorded or streamed.
The event qualifies for CPD/CLE credit.