We are pleased to offer this IAL study forum in Oxford which will have a variety of talks from leading experts about specific areas related to art and cultural heritage law.
Venue: New College, Oxford, UK
Date & Time: 28 July 2018, 9:45am to 5.30 pm
Cost: £144 (incl. VAT) – 50% off for IAL members (and UKRG members)
This event will be eligible for 5 CPD points.
YOU CAN BOOK A PLACE HERE. Space is limited so early booking is encouraged.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- ‘Tax incentive schemes for heritage assets: Acceptance in Lieu’ by Colin Harrison, Senior Curator of Western Art, Ashmolean Museum
- ‘Heritage and planning’ by Jill Campion, Cambridge University
- ‘Art and exclusion clauses’ by Prof Ewan McKendrick, Oxford University
- ‘The law of treasure’ by Geoffrey Bennett, IAL Senior Fellow
- ‘Auction and private sales’ by Charles Cochrane, Cochrane Adams Fine Art
- ‘Art sales on a handshake: the Simon de Pury case’ by Michael Bowmer, barrister, 4 New Square
- ‘Nazi-looted art and the US Holocaust Expropriated Art Recovery Act’ by Julia Rodrigues Casella Hommes, IAL researcher
Please note that replacement bus services will be running between Didcot Parkway and Oxford Station on the day of the event (this will affect train journeys from London Paddington). This will add at least 30 minutes to your journey time. Please check the Great Western Railroad page for more details: https://www.gwr.com/travel-updates/planned-engineering/oxford2018