We are pleased to be running an afternoon seminar on 15 September 2021 called ‘Heritage & Sustainability: Legal issues in protecting cultural and natural heritage for future generations’. This seminar will cover all the major issues that touch upon the legal issues affecting sustainability and the historic environment.
Presentation titles to include:
- Safeguarding the world’s cultural and natural heritage: Target 11.4 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Can Venice be Saved?
- Planning Law and Sustainability
- Coastal Archaeology and Sustainable Heritage
- Protecting Sacred Sites: Improving Indigenous Heritage Protection in Australia
- Developments in Australian indigenous rights
- Legal protection of Spanish cave paintings
Speakers to include:
- Anna Somers Cocks OBE (founder of the Art Newspaper, former chair of the Venice in Peril Fund), Presiding Speaker
- Jyoti Hosagrahar (Deputy Director, World Heritage Centre, UNESCO)
- Dr Hana Morel (CiTiZAN Sustainability Manager, Museum of London Archaeology)
- Dr Lyndon Ormond Parker (Indigenous Studies Unit, Centre for Health Equity, Melbourne School Population and Global Health)
- Dr Steven Churches (Barrister, Elliott Johnson Chambers, Adelaide)
- Marta Suárez Mansilla (Founder and CEO of ArtWorld Law)
Date and time: 15 September 2021, 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm UK time (online via Zoom)
Cost: £84.00 (incl VAT).